Skip to main content

Busy Weekend!

I have an announcement to make. I am pretty sure I am nearly the worst blogger. Between kids sports and currently being stuck in a Netflix black hole with Arrow....I just can't get AHEAD. Anyway, that being said, this weekend has got an awful lot of nerdy stuff going on, and I wanted to give you a quick rundown.


Saturday, May 3rd
Free Comic Book Day. FREE COMIC BOOKS??? Go to the Free Comic Book Day page  to find a participating store near you each locations rules. There is a free book for EVERY taste. My boys plan on grabbing Teen Titans Go and I'm hoping to get Guardians of the Galaxy and check out some of their multi comic bundles. Oh, I almost forgot about the FCBD HeroClix that my oldest can't wait to get his hands on!!! The local store we'll be stopping at tomorrow has artists stopping in, a photo op area, and pop up Hydra themed bar!


Saturday, May 4th
Star Wars Day. May the 4th Be With You! Check starwars.com for sales, games and events near you. You can make an Admiral Sackbar! LOL!

Our friends at Aww Yeah Comics in Skokie Illinois will have Jeffrey Brown, artist and writer of Vader and Son!

Her Universe is having a big ol' sale! Select Star Wars items 40% off (<<I need you, Millennium Falcon skirt), a $10 mystery tee (which I may snag), and 3 NEW Star Wars shirts for a Limited Time Only!

Think Geek has Star Wars items for 20% off and an Exclusive R2 D2 pin with a purchase of $20 or more. You too, can have a toasty nights sleep in a Tauntaun sleeping bag and what mom wouldn't want an R2D2 measuring cup set for Mother's Day? The designer in me is loving this limited edition graphic Return of the Jedi poster. I could go on forever, but I'll finish with this Her Universe C3PO Dress! So adorable, and I think I need this since my sister has the R2D2!

Unless you live under a rock and weren't aware....Opening this weekend....The Amazing Spider-Man 2 

So, We hope that you can find something from this list to do. We'll be taking pictures and posting them for you. Please drop your own on our Twitter page!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World's End Review

Graphics Girl and I went to the movies a few days ago. I was feeling awful physically, so she decided that we needed a comedy and I didn't protest since it was written by Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg. The gang's back together in The World's End. Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman, Paddy Considine, and Eddie Marsan are five guys who, with the encouragement of their once fearless leader, Gary King, (Pegg) have decided to go back to their hometown and do the pub crawl that they had tried back in 1990. Gary hasn't grown up at all over the years, but when things get hairy and the boys have a run in with some robots, they decide to follow his lead anyway and attempt to finish the crawl which culminates at The World's End. This movie is brilliantly done. The story plays like a comedy, but has elements of action, sci-fi, and thriller films. Once you start to realize how much your stomach hurts from laughter, they throw in a touching moment or a well choreographed fi...

I'm Gonna Hack You In Two With A Hatchet

No, this week's TBT is not a horror flick. This just happens to be one of the most hilarious lines from a little known made for tv movie called Camp Cucamonga. For some reason, it's always been a family favorite. We were all able to get together this past weekend to celebrate my mother's birthday and there were several references, including part of the rap from the movie. Yup...that's just the kind of family we are.   The movie was released for television in September of 1990 basically just to display a plethora of popular television actors of the time, but ended up being a quality product despite some of the cheese. The title was briefly changed to How I Spent My Summer, but now can be found again under the original title. The all-star cast included Candace Cameron (Full House) and Jaleel White (Family Matters), which covered our TGIF days. Then we have Josh Saviano and Danica McKellar from The Wonder Years. We also get to see heartthrob Chad Allen from My Two Da...

Wouldn't You Think I'm The Girl, The Girl Who Has Everything

I was fortunate enough to grow up during the "Disney Renaissance". During this period we saw films like Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and The Lion King. BUT my very favorite of all the movies that came out during this time was The Little Mermaid. I received the movie for my sixth birthday and that was one of my favorite presents. Some of my fondest memories include reenacting scenes from the movie with my friends. I still know every word to every song, and on occasion, like to see if I can get my hair to look like this  in the bathtub. ---> Don't judge me. She had fabulous hair. Seriously...what what woman has not wanted that sexy, red hair? LOVE. Today, you can find The Little Mermaid Diamond Edition at your local store. I'm not sure why they chose to release it now instead of next year, which would have marked the 25th anniversary, but you won't catch me complaining. I'm more than happy to have this available on Blu-Ray. I hear that the digital enhanc...