Skip to main content

And They Lived Geekily Ever After

So it's not Friday quite yet, but I wanted to write about a cool blog that I stumbled upon. I had seen some things from her on Pinterest, but just located the blog today and as I'm working on planning my own happily ever after, I thought I'd share some of the neat ideas.

Every geek couple is different. We all have our fandoms and sometimes we're lucky enough to share them with our significant other. I'm a Marvel girl and my man is DC, but somehow we make it work. :) Anyway, there's a good chance that there will be several geeky elements in our wedding...it's just who we are. I think we'll probably be more subtle about it, but it will most certainly be there.

If you're reading this blog, chances are you're a geek, too. Hopefully you've found someone who you will share that with you. If you're thinking about getting yourself a permanent player 2, you should check out When Geeks Wed. Cassandra features weddings from every fandom. Whether you're a Gamer, Whovian, Cosplayer, Potterhead, Trekkie, or Tech Nerd, there will be wedding ideas in here for you that range from subtle geek chic to full on blatant geekery.

Now that I know this site exists, I'm sure I'll be spending a LOT of time on it. There are all kinds of DIY projects from candles, to TARDIS photo booths, to superhero boutonnieres. ( I can so see the husband wearing Superman.) And just to prove that conflicting fandoms can live geekily ever after, here's a photo of a wedding cake from one of the real weddings on When Geeks Wed. Looks like I may have to compromise and do something like this. Ahh, the things we do for love. <3
~Songbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World's End Review

Graphics Girl and I went to the movies a few days ago. I was feeling awful physically, so she decided that we needed a comedy and I didn't protest since it was written by Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg. The gang's back together in The World's End. Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman, Paddy Considine, and Eddie Marsan are five guys who, with the encouragement of their once fearless leader, Gary King, (Pegg) have decided to go back to their hometown and do the pub crawl that they had tried back in 1990. Gary hasn't grown up at all over the years, but when things get hairy and the boys have a run in with some robots, they decide to follow his lead anyway and attempt to finish the crawl which culminates at The World's End. This movie is brilliantly done. The story plays like a comedy, but has elements of action, sci-fi, and thriller films. Once you start to realize how much your stomach hurts from laughter, they throw in a touching moment or a well choreographed fi...

I'm Gonna Hack You In Two With A Hatchet

No, this week's TBT is not a horror flick. This just happens to be one of the most hilarious lines from a little known made for tv movie called Camp Cucamonga. For some reason, it's always been a family favorite. We were all able to get together this past weekend to celebrate my mother's birthday and there were several references, including part of the rap from the movie. Yup...that's just the kind of family we are.   The movie was released for television in September of 1990 basically just to display a plethora of popular television actors of the time, but ended up being a quality product despite some of the cheese. The title was briefly changed to How I Spent My Summer, but now can be found again under the original title. The all-star cast included Candace Cameron (Full House) and Jaleel White (Family Matters), which covered our TGIF days. Then we have Josh Saviano and Danica McKellar from The Wonder Years. We also get to see heartthrob Chad Allen from My Two Da...

As You Wish

I’ve been feeling kind of crappy lately and I thought to myself, “There’s only one movie that can pick me up right now.”   Though I didn’t have a grandfather to take care of me and read me stories when I was sick, there’s still something about watching The Princess Bride when you’re not feeling up to par.   That combined with the fact that the interwebs are buzzing about The Princess Bride heading to Broadway made this a perfect Throwback for this week. I remember when I was in the fifth grade we would, on occasion, have a “movie day” on Friday.   I convinced everyone that there was this great movie we NEEDED to watch.   I knew it line for line.   (Sadly, I forgot about the “I want my father back you SOB” line until it was right upon us and had to jump up to fast-forward it…oops.)   I don’t know if any of my friends remember watching it then.   It seems like it has a much bigger following these days, but that could just b...