Skip to main content

TGIFF

It's Friday!  That means we're dishing out some Fangirl Favorites.

This week I have two favorites.  They are both products that I've wanted for quite some time and I just got both of them as presents for my birthday.  SQUEE!!  I'm feeling pretty fortunate that I have awesome people in my life who know me so well.  

Fangirl Favorite #1 is the R2D2 Ladies' Tunic Tank.  This is one of the cutest geeky tanks out there!  I'm a big fan of all things Star Wars, so I wanted this tank from the moment I saw it. You can find it through our friends at superherostuff.com or thinkgeek.com.  Please be aware if you order that the tank is form fitting and runs small.  Some of the descriptions say tank dress, and there are some people that do wear it as a dress, but I wouldn't try it unless you have virtually no torso or are alright with showing off all your assets.  There are also Stormtrooper and Chewbacca tanks available.  I may just have to wear this to my birthday outing tomorrow!

Fangirl Favorite #2 is the Doctor Who TARDIS Mini Fridge.  Holy crap!  This is FANTASTIC! You can keep your food and beverages cold, AND it has a warming setting if you need to heat your food.  I think it may actually be bigger on the inside, as it looks pretty small, but can hold up to six 12 oz cans.  You can power it by plugging it into a regular US outlet or DC 12V car socket.  And last, but not least, it makes the awesome TARDIS Vworp Vworp noise when you open the door.  Hee hee!  Yeah...it's the little things that get me excited.  I just got this last night, but I am beyond excited to begin using it.  Everyday appliances are far more entertaining when they look like something else and have sound effects.  I just hope it doesn't excite me so much that I start eating all the time.  I'll end up turning into the Abzorbaloff or something.  That's pretty disgusting.
If you have either of these items, send us some customer shots!  We'd love to see them.

~Songbird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World's End Review

Graphics Girl and I went to the movies a few days ago. I was feeling awful physically, so she decided that we needed a comedy and I didn't protest since it was written by Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg. The gang's back together in The World's End. Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman, Paddy Considine, and Eddie Marsan are five guys who, with the encouragement of their once fearless leader, Gary King, (Pegg) have decided to go back to their hometown and do the pub crawl that they had tried back in 1990. Gary hasn't grown up at all over the years, but when things get hairy and the boys have a run in with some robots, they decide to follow his lead anyway and attempt to finish the crawl which culminates at The World's End. This movie is brilliantly done. The story plays like a comedy, but has elements of action, sci-fi, and thriller films. Once you start to realize how much your stomach hurts from laughter, they throw in a touching moment or a well choreographed fi...

I'm Gonna Hack You In Two With A Hatchet

No, this week's TBT is not a horror flick. This just happens to be one of the most hilarious lines from a little known made for tv movie called Camp Cucamonga. For some reason, it's always been a family favorite. We were all able to get together this past weekend to celebrate my mother's birthday and there were several references, including part of the rap from the movie. Yup...that's just the kind of family we are.   The movie was released for television in September of 1990 basically just to display a plethora of popular television actors of the time, but ended up being a quality product despite some of the cheese. The title was briefly changed to How I Spent My Summer, but now can be found again under the original title. The all-star cast included Candace Cameron (Full House) and Jaleel White (Family Matters), which covered our TGIF days. Then we have Josh Saviano and Danica McKellar from The Wonder Years. We also get to see heartthrob Chad Allen from My Two Da...

Wouldn't You Think I'm The Girl, The Girl Who Has Everything

I was fortunate enough to grow up during the "Disney Renaissance". During this period we saw films like Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and The Lion King. BUT my very favorite of all the movies that came out during this time was The Little Mermaid. I received the movie for my sixth birthday and that was one of my favorite presents. Some of my fondest memories include reenacting scenes from the movie with my friends. I still know every word to every song, and on occasion, like to see if I can get my hair to look like this  in the bathtub. ---> Don't judge me. She had fabulous hair. Seriously...what what woman has not wanted that sexy, red hair? LOVE. Today, you can find The Little Mermaid Diamond Edition at your local store. I'm not sure why they chose to release it now instead of next year, which would have marked the 25th anniversary, but you won't catch me complaining. I'm more than happy to have this available on Blu-Ray. I hear that the digital enhanc...