Skip to main content

Fall Preview-Part 2

Time for Part Two of my Fall Preview! I think there might just be something for everyone in this batch. The only thing that's missing is the Reality TV. Sorry, can't help you there.

Almost Human-Monday 8/7c on FOX For those of you who loved Fringe(and JJ Abrams), this show might be right up your alley. Karl Urban (Star Trek, Judge Dredd) plays a LAPD detective 35 years in the future. While on duty, he loses his partner and his leg.  After two years he returns to work to learn his new partner is an android. Urban's character, John struggles with this new reality since he believes they are the reason for the loss of his former partner. I've watched a couple videos for this show and I'm starting to get really excited to see the Pilot!



The Blacklist-Monday 10/9c on NBC Being compared to Silence of the Lambs, this new drama on NBC stars James Spader as the convicted criminal who agrees to lead the FBI to "Blacklist" criminals only if he can work with the FBI's new female profiler...the question to be answered is "WHY?". TV Guide's Editors say to watch this one. 

Brooklyn Nine-Nine-Tuesday 8/7c on FOX One word. Or maybe two. Andy Samberg. Is that enough to make you watch? Ok, it's Andy Samberg, Andre Braugher and Terry Crews in a cop show. It's gotta be hilarious, right?
The Michael J. Fox Show-Thursday 9/8c on NBC Fox plays a TV News anchor who retires after being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. Five years later and his family wants him back to work. If his previous shows are any indication of the success of this show, I think he may have a winner in this one.

The Tomorrow People-Wednesday 9/8c on CW Anybody else heard of this one before? This is another one the Brits did first(in the 70s), but now it's The CW's turn. It's kind of an XMen-type show. Teens with special abilities and the people who are after them because they feel they are a threat. Stephen is the main character who is just now beginning to find out about his abilities and thinks he might be a bit crazy. He starts hearing voices and teleporting in his sleep, but eventually follows the voices in his head to meet the Tomorrow People, other individuals who also share similar powers.

Happy TV watching!
~Graphics Girl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World's End Review

Graphics Girl and I went to the movies a few days ago. I was feeling awful physically, so she decided that we needed a comedy and I didn't protest since it was written by Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg. The gang's back together in The World's End. Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman, Paddy Considine, and Eddie Marsan are five guys who, with the encouragement of their once fearless leader, Gary King, (Pegg) have decided to go back to their hometown and do the pub crawl that they had tried back in 1990. Gary hasn't grown up at all over the years, but when things get hairy and the boys have a run in with some robots, they decide to follow his lead anyway and attempt to finish the crawl which culminates at The World's End. This movie is brilliantly done. The story plays like a comedy, but has elements of action, sci-fi, and thriller films. Once you start to realize how much your stomach hurts from laughter, they throw in a touching moment or a well choreographed fi...

I'm Gonna Hack You In Two With A Hatchet

No, this week's TBT is not a horror flick. This just happens to be one of the most hilarious lines from a little known made for tv movie called Camp Cucamonga. For some reason, it's always been a family favorite. We were all able to get together this past weekend to celebrate my mother's birthday and there were several references, including part of the rap from the movie. Yup...that's just the kind of family we are.   The movie was released for television in September of 1990 basically just to display a plethora of popular television actors of the time, but ended up being a quality product despite some of the cheese. The title was briefly changed to How I Spent My Summer, but now can be found again under the original title. The all-star cast included Candace Cameron (Full House) and Jaleel White (Family Matters), which covered our TGIF days. Then we have Josh Saviano and Danica McKellar from The Wonder Years. We also get to see heartthrob Chad Allen from My Two Da...

Wouldn't You Think I'm The Girl, The Girl Who Has Everything

I was fortunate enough to grow up during the "Disney Renaissance". During this period we saw films like Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and The Lion King. BUT my very favorite of all the movies that came out during this time was The Little Mermaid. I received the movie for my sixth birthday and that was one of my favorite presents. Some of my fondest memories include reenacting scenes from the movie with my friends. I still know every word to every song, and on occasion, like to see if I can get my hair to look like this  in the bathtub. ---> Don't judge me. She had fabulous hair. Seriously...what what woman has not wanted that sexy, red hair? LOVE. Today, you can find The Little Mermaid Diamond Edition at your local store. I'm not sure why they chose to release it now instead of next year, which would have marked the 25th anniversary, but you won't catch me complaining. I'm more than happy to have this available on Blu-Ray. I hear that the digital enhanc...