Skip to main content

Throwback Thursday

It's Throwback Thursday!

Not exactly why this movie came to mind...but I think it's a great throwback. Ahh. Memories.

Starring Tom Selleck , Runaway is a Michael Crichton story set in the "near future" where robots are used for everyday tasks. As you can imagine, in a world where robots are commonplace, there are often bugs in the system and this is where Sergeant Jack Ramsay(Selleck) steps in. Ramsay and his partner (played by Cynthia Rhodes) get involved in some unusual cases that lead them to a bad guy named Dr. Luther (Gene Simmons).

Honestly, I don't even remember the plot entirely...he was trying to kill people or something. This means there are chase scenes, life threatening robots, Kirstie Alley and the kid from "Flight of the Navigator". Fun stuff. :)

Watch on Amazon Instant Video

~Graphics Girl

Please leave us suggestions for future throwbacks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World's End Review

Graphics Girl and I went to the movies a few days ago. I was feeling awful physically, so she decided that we needed a comedy and I didn't protest since it was written by Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg. The gang's back together in The World's End. Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman, Paddy Considine, and Eddie Marsan are five guys who, with the encouragement of their once fearless leader, Gary King, (Pegg) have decided to go back to their hometown and do the pub crawl that they had tried back in 1990. Gary hasn't grown up at all over the years, but when things get hairy and the boys have a run in with some robots, they decide to follow his lead anyway and attempt to finish the crawl which culminates at The World's End. This movie is brilliantly done. The story plays like a comedy, but has elements of action, sci-fi, and thriller films. Once you start to realize how much your stomach hurts from laughter, they throw in a touching moment or a well choreographed fi...

I'm Gonna Hack You In Two With A Hatchet

No, this week's TBT is not a horror flick. This just happens to be one of the most hilarious lines from a little known made for tv movie called Camp Cucamonga. For some reason, it's always been a family favorite. We were all able to get together this past weekend to celebrate my mother's birthday and there were several references, including part of the rap from the movie. Yup...that's just the kind of family we are.   The movie was released for television in September of 1990 basically just to display a plethora of popular television actors of the time, but ended up being a quality product despite some of the cheese. The title was briefly changed to How I Spent My Summer, but now can be found again under the original title. The all-star cast included Candace Cameron (Full House) and Jaleel White (Family Matters), which covered our TGIF days. Then we have Josh Saviano and Danica McKellar from The Wonder Years. We also get to see heartthrob Chad Allen from My Two Da...

As You Wish

I’ve been feeling kind of crappy lately and I thought to myself, “There’s only one movie that can pick me up right now.”   Though I didn’t have a grandfather to take care of me and read me stories when I was sick, there’s still something about watching The Princess Bride when you’re not feeling up to par.   That combined with the fact that the interwebs are buzzing about The Princess Bride heading to Broadway made this a perfect Throwback for this week. I remember when I was in the fifth grade we would, on occasion, have a “movie day” on Friday.   I convinced everyone that there was this great movie we NEEDED to watch.   I knew it line for line.   (Sadly, I forgot about the “I want my father back you SOB” line until it was right upon us and had to jump up to fast-forward it…oops.)   I don’t know if any of my friends remember watching it then.   It seems like it has a much bigger following these days, but that could just b...